She’s featured in the current issue of Weddingbells and was one of our first covergirls back in 1986. Canada’s first supermodel Monika Schnarre and Weddingbells definitely have a history and we could not be happier to share photos of her wedding day with you. Monika and her groom Storey Badger were married in a gorgeous celebration August 6, 2010 in Muskoka, Ontario. Her dress was created by Canadian designer and friend Lucian Matis and Monika says the two worked together to create her perfect gown. “Lucian completely understood what I was looking for and I was thrilled with the result,” Monika shared with me. He ordered the Parisian silk from New York, it had a silk chiffon overlay which was hand beaded with Swarovski crystals.” When asked what her favourite moment of the day was, her answer was sweet and simple: “Walking into the church and feeling this outpouring of love and support from our family and friends.” Congratulations Monika and Storey—wishing you much health and happiness!
All photography courtesy 5ive15ifteen Photo Company (5ive15ifteen.com).
Want to get married like a supermodel? Here’s a list of Monika’s party people.
• Event Design & Management: CANDICE&ALISON Luxury Weddings (candiceandalison.com)
• Flowers: Jennifer Stewart Flowers
• Cake, sweet table & favours: Cake Opera Co. (cakeoperaco.com)
• Catering: Treeline Catering (treeline-events.com)
• Stationery: Laura K Design (laurakdesign.com)
• Gown: Lucian Matis (lucianmatis.com)
• Shoes: Browns Shoes (brownsshoes.com)
• Purse: Swarovski (swarovski.com)
• Storey’s suit: Farley Chatto (farleychatto.com)
• DJ: DJ Floh Back Productions (flohback.com)
• Wine, Beer, Champagne, Cocktail: Select Wines (selectwines.ca)