Weddingbells’ Annual Reader Survey reveals the most recent wedding-day facts and trends from Canadian brides getting ready to walk down the aisle.
From December 2011 to March 2012 more than 2,000 brides-to-be dished about their impending nuptials on everything from engagements and relationships to style, traditions and the final bill.
Highlights from this year’s survey include:
- There will be an estimated 157,866 weddings in Canada during 2012.
- December remains the most popular time to get engaged with 23% of men popping the question that month.
- September is sneaking ahead as the second most popular month to marry in (next to August).
- The expected cost of a wedding is down 3% versus 2011 but up 20% since 2008.
- The average number of wedding guests is 140.
- 10% of Canadian brides are planning on having a destination wedding.
Click through the slides below to see more specifics on rings, planning, budgeting, registries, honeymoons and how Canadian brides are using the web to plan their weddings.
A national sample of 2,193 engaged readers participated in the survey. Confidence interval: +/-2.0%, 19 times out of 20.