These adorable cake pops are the perfect size for, well, popping in your mouth! You can easily whip up these simple treats using virtually any cake recipe and your favourite frosting. Find out how Roxy makes them after the jump.
Tools & Ingredients
- 10 cups of crumbled cake
- 1 ½ cups of your favourite frosting
- 4 cups chocolate wafers
- Vegetable oil
- Lollipop sticks
- Decorating squeeze bottle
Yields: about 36 cake pops
1. Crumble a 10” cake into a large bowl. Add 1 ½ cups of frosting to the crumbled cake and gently mix using a wooden spoon.
2. Using your hands, gently roll out 2” round balls and lay on a tray. Be sure not to over mix, to keep the interior cake crumb intact.
3. Freeze for about five minutes.
4. Melt ½ cup of chocolate wafers according to package directions. Starting with one lollipop stick, coat the tip and insert into a cake ball. Repeat with remaining sticks. Refrigerate pops for 5 to 10 minutes to allow the chocolate to set.
5. Melt remaining chocolate wafers and thin with up to 1 tbsp of vegetable oil (1 tbsp per 12oz package of chocolate).
6. Pour the chocolate mixture into a cup or a tall, narrow container to facilitate dipping.
7. Remove cake pops from refrigerator. Dip each cake pop into the melted chocolate mixture and allow excess to drip. When chocolate begins to set (about one minute), insert the base of the stick into a stable piece of Styrofoam.
8. Decorate pops by drizzling with leftover chocolate mixture using a fork or a decorating squeeze bottle.
Sadly, this concludes our five-part DIY Sweet Series with Roxy of RoxyCakes. Special thanks to her for all her inspired and inspiring ideas! We definitely do hope you try this at home!