Photography Carlo Mendoza. As first published in Weddingbells’ Fall/Winter 2013 edition.
When it comes to DIY wedding projects we love simple crafts and these confetti poppers are extremely easy to make. For this DIY wedding project we asked designer extraordinaire, Joanna Kam, to help us come up with a project that would be uncomplicated, budget-friendly and fun! The result? Confetti poppers loaded with tons of glitter – the perfect accessory for guests to pop during your walk down the aisle, or while dancing on the reception floor. To create your own confetti poppers all you have to do is grab the materials, follow our step-by-step instructions and download our free clip art – we’ll even show you how to personalize the design to fit your style and colour scheme.
<strong>WHAT YOU’LL NEED</strong><br />
• Scissors<br />
• Glue/tape<br />
• Gold spray paint (optional)<br />
• Hole punch<br />
• Plain tissue paper<br />
• Push pop containers (we found ours at <a href="http://www.creativebag.com/boxes/candy-boxes/push-pop-containers.html" target="_blank">Creative Bag</a>)<br />
• Foil streamers or door curtains (for confetti). Store-bought confetti also works as well<br />
• Colourful paper stock (for confetti). Store-bought confetti also works as well<br />
• A printout of our downloadable clip art to cover the push pop containers (you can also use wallpaper, gift wrap or colourful stock paper)<br />
<b>STEP 1:</b><br />
Creating your own confetti is easy-peasy. Grab your hole punch, your foil door curtain, colourful paper stock and punch away. Or, if you're stressed for time, head to your nearest craft store and purchase paper confetti.
<b>STEP 2:</b><br />
To create a more elegant-looking push pop, we spray-painted the handles with gold. Leave it to dry (follow drying instructions on the bottle). You can also spray your handles in other metallic shades or colours, or, leave them as is.