Online Editorial Internship
Want to gain valuable experience working at one of Canada’s most well-respected lifestyle brands? Have an interest in wedding planning and all that comes along with it? Want to work with an exciting, dynamic team on fun, engaging online content? If so, read on.
All internships are unpaid. We ask for a 9-to-5 commitment (with room for a bit of flexibility), Monday to Friday for a duration of three months.
Our ideal candidate:
- is interested in pursuing a well-rounded experience in all aspects of online publishing: producing content, social networking, search engine optimization, information architecture, usability and more
- is enrolled in, or has graduated from, an online publishing program, or has a background in either journalism or graphic design with a significant amount of blogging experience
- has an understanding of HTML, search engine optimization, and writing for the web
- has experience using PhotoShop and WordPress
- is passionate about the web and is already plugged in to social networking
- has an interest in fashion, beauty and wedding planning and a familiarity with the subject matter
- is personable, flexible and great at multi-tasking
- approaches each task, no matter how important or menial, with the same dedication, enthusiasm and attention to detail.
- Compiling slideshows
- Managing social media accounts
- Publishing content from the magazine to the website
- Liaising with photographers and third party content providers
- Fact-checking and proofreading
- Assisting with photo and video shoots
Please send a CV, cover letter and three writing samples to email@example.com. No phone calls, please. Note that only those who are selected for interviews will be contacted.
Print Editorial Internships
Weddingbells offers two full-time print editorial internships, which run on four-month terms (May to August, September to December, January to April).
Post-grad and post-secondary students are eligible to apply. Candidates must possess exceptional writing skills, have the ability to multi-task, display great initiative, and be very organized. To be considered, please e-mail your resumé, a cover letter outlining your interest and availability, and the assignment below to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assignment: In 150 words or less, write an article recommending a Canadian wedding vendor.
- Fact-checking print and online stories
- Photo sourcing for the website
- Producing content for the magazine (local real weddings and local planning guides)
- Organizing the merchandise room
- Picking up products for photo shoots
- Organizing the pick-up and drop-off of items
- Keeping track of samples
- Attending photoshoots and writing style notes
- Keeping the courier log up to date
- Keeping the contact list up to date
All internships are unpaid. We ask for a 9-to-5 commitment, Monday to Thursday. Only select candidates will be contacted for interviews. No phone calls, please.