I think I’d rate my kitchen skills as moderate. I’m no pro, but I love baking, trying out new appliances or kitchen gadgets and occasionally trying a new recipe here and there. To be honest the reason I don’t try new dishes more often is because I just don’t have the time. On a weekday basis usually I’m home from the gym and just want to eat, not experiment with a Julia Child three-course meal (plus I’d rather wait to mess up the kitchen on a Saturday). When it comes to the prep, appliances can help and one that’s on my list is Cuisinart‘s new food processor.
Cuisinart brought the first food processor to Canada in 1975 and since then it’s name has been synonymous with this handy kitchen appliance. Based on feedback from its customers, Cuisinart developed this new version, which really considers usability, making it an efficient and friendly appliance to use for any level of cook.
Here are some of the new features we love:
- Interlocking lids to allow for maximum capacity in bowl & “SealTight” technology that prevents the blade from slipping when you pour
- Adjustable slicing disc and reversible shredding disc with safety feature
- Nesting bowls in different sizes, with pour spouts and measurement markings
- Dough speed and dough blade
- Retractable cord for neat storage on the counter
There are also tons of other great features, but these are some of the highlights. The 14-cup retails for $399. We think it’s a great item to put on your registry, especially if you value saving time in the kitchen! Just think, soup, hummus, chopped veggies and more, can now be done in seconds instead of minutes.