If you haven’t heard, you’ll probably be excited to hear that Alfred Angelo and Disney Fairy Tale Weddings have collaborated together to introduce their first collection of bridal gowns this Saturday October 2nd at the National Bridal Market in Chicago. Of course, if you can’t attend, check back here daily as we’ll have plenty of images to share with you the instant we receive them. As an FYI, The Disney Fairy Tale Weddings by Alfred Angelo collection will be available in sizes 0 to 30W, at all Alfred Angelo Signature stores and select partner bridal boutiques in 2011. All gowns are said to be priced from $599 to $1199. The collection includes classic, grand ball gowns in layers of tulle and sparkle net, updated fit and flare styles to highlight curves and movement, and pleated and wrapped bodices to flatter the bride’s figure. Here’s a rundown of what to expect from the upcoming line:
- The treasures of the sea inspired Ariel’s gown. The mermaid silhouette features re-embroidered lace, pearl beading, and sequin sparkles.
- Aurora/Sleeping Beauty’s gown is romantic with a dreamy, willowy skirt for this slumbering princess.
- Belle’s wedding dress, with a draped waistline is inspired by the iconic ballroom dance scene from the film and focuses on making a grand entrance.
- Cinderella’s gown radiates with sparkle as its inspiration is the fairy tale’s enchanted glass slipper.
- Jasmine’s wedding dress conveys freedom and individuality and as a result her shimmering soft satin gown is exotic with a bejeweled neckline and low cut back.
- Snow White’s dress is inspired by nature, beauty and grace like the Disney Princess character herself.
- The regal, one-shoulder taffeta gown for our newest princess, Tiana, reflects her independent spirit with an asymmetric bodice and ruched skirt.