- 28% of brides admit to applying at least some pressure on their fiance before becoming engaged.
- The average length of engagement prior to the wedding is 18 months and 24 days (compared to 17 months, 27 days in 2008).
- The average age of an engaged woman in Canada is 29 and a half.
- 87% of brides had input on how much their engagement ring cost.
- 58% of brides were involved in the selection of the engagement ring.
- 28% of brides made the final decision on which ring was chosen.
- 88% of brides received their rings at the time of the proposal.
- 28% of brides have been engaged more than once (8% were previously married).
- 24% of brides believe an engagement ring should cost between $1,000 and $1,999. 21% believe it should cost between $2,000 and $3,499.
- When it comes to engagement rings 41% of brides said they would spend extra money on the size of the diamond if they could.
Photo courtesy of iStockphoto